Apologies for delay in posting but so much has happened IRL… Bank account had fraudulent activity that will still need a lot of follow up. My daughter got the flu. Then a lot of various other miscellaneous things at work and home. I have no more backlog right now so I will try to work on that right now. I’m still trying to hold to my minimum of 1 chapter/week.
Please support me with a ko-fi or Patreon or provide feedback. I am happy with either anyway! This is just a hobby right now.
To be translated later
Zhao Xingchen’s crush on Su Nuo so far seems pretty cute, hasn’t crossed the boundaries of being inappropriate though I assume it can. The author has let her characters act within reasonable limits of how people really are. Yanderes/stalkers are really not that realistic though it does happen in real life.
So more info on the big brother! I hope he will be an actual good big brother, especially since he was supposed to have ultimately succumbed to darkness like a yandere over unrequited love for Meng Yiran in the original novel. I’m hoping that he will be a good character, since her biological parents turn out to be loving, contrary to the book.
Also kind of funny how young 16-17 year old teenage boys know not to kick someone while they are down but Shen Wang doesn’t! They are pretty immature but still more mature than Shen Wang! So Su Nuo’s assessment of them as just being a bit naughty but relatively fundamentally good is pretty much on the mark.
I like that Su Nuo has a lot of skills but they aren’t just pulled out her ass, she had to work to learn them! We are going to meet Yuan Ze! I hope he is her ally, it sounds like that is how author-sama is setting him up to be.
The three brothers all have water related names for some reason. Kind of funny how the Zhaos have sky related names, I really suspect they are truly brothers. We’ll see if my hypothesis is correct as we read?
- Family Surname Yuan (原) means original or former with a connotation of the beginning or from the start.
- Yuan Ze (原澤) – his name means benevolence or lake
- Yuan Cheng (原澄) – his name means clear or transparent like glass/water or see through, the character can be used as a verb
- Yuan Che (原澈) – his name also means clear but like water, this character is more a descriptor
- Su Nuo (苏糯) – Her name basically means sticky, tender, soft, pliant. This character is normally used in the context of sticky/glutinous rice.